Friday, April 08, 2005

The Commute

Right now I drive 35 miles one way to work. It is not too bad, highway all the way. It takes about 40 minutes. It really piles the miles on my car. We have a group of people who are moving to a different building, which is only 11 miles from my house. I have worked out of that building before. I didn't like the atmosphere very much. My office was not on the ground floor and the elevator was a pain, and made going for a smoke not so fun... I am sure I could get transferred back there, because that group would need help from operations, but I REALLY don't like the atmosphere. Then again, saving $30 a week in gas would be nice. I could sleep a little later in the morning and be home a lot earlier, but I don't like the atmosphere. Just think, over and hour more free time to my day. How can I talk myself into going back there... Mmmmm, my car would last twice as long, no car payment. Gas is $2.40/gallon! 22 miles/day vs. 70 miles/day. I know I should do it, but it really does suck over there... OH, I just remembered the cafeteria. I have been in some pretty nasty plants that sever SOS to 40 year hourly workers that think it is gourmet. But this cafeteria tops them all. I refuse to eat there! I will eat road kill, but not a thing from that place. An hour more free time, no gas bill. I don't know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home