Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Pot Holes

For those of you who have never been to The Motor City, it might surprise you that we have bad roads. I mean, why would you want good roads where all the cars are built? Winter time is hard on the roads. We use tons and tons of salt to keep the ice off the roads. Why salt? Well, right below our feet is one of the worlds largest salt mines. I am guessing because it is cheap and right below us. Potholes are everywhere right now! What happens is, the sun warms things up during the day and melts the snow. The water runs into the cracks in the road and then freezes at night. Water when frozen, expands and pushes the cracks, making bigger cracks. A few times a year the news crews show up when a car eating potholes shows up. They will show ten cars in the same spot changing tires. Hilarious! Well, I guess as long as it's not me. Ohio just to our south has the nicest roads of anywhere I have been. I wonder what their secret is? Oh, and does anyone know where a dirt road is in Ohio? I lived down there for a few years and could never find one. I think every road in the state is paved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home